Create Schedules to help communicate important event dates and activities to your event attendees.
It's often useful to create separate Schedules for different types of registrants, like Attendees, Vendors, Volunteers, Competitors, etc.
A Schedule has three main parts:
- Schedule Name - the name of the schedule that will be displayed to attendees.
- Schedule Section - used to group related schedule lines together. For example, you may create Sections named "Day 1", "Day 2" or "Main Stage", "Side Stage".
- Schedule Line - represents a scheduled activity with a start time and optional end time. Schedule Lines are automatically sorted in chronological order within their parent Section.
Adding a Schedule
- Go to the Event Manager App > Schedule section.
- Click the + Add button.
- In the Schedule tab, set the Schedule Name. This value will be displayed to event attendees.
- Optionally, add new Sections to group and organize related activities (see below).
- Add new Schedule Lines to communicate event activities to attendees (see below).
- In the Sharing tab, choose who you would like to share the Schedule with. You must share the schedule before it will be visible to attendees.
- Click Save.
Add a Schedule Section
- Click the + Section button to create a new Schedule Section.
- Edit the Section Name to customize the label that will be used to group Schedule Lines added to the section. For example, "Day 1", "Day 2" or "Main Stage", "Side Stage", etc.
Add a Schedule Line
- Select the Section or nearest existing Schedule Line and click the + Line button to add a new line item to the schedule. The Add schedule line dialog will be displayed:
- Set the required Title to describe the new line item.
- If you wish to have the displayed Title link to a website address, set the Title Link to a valid website address.
- Optionally, provide a more detailed summary or description of the line item that will be shown on the schedule.
- Adjust the required Start Date if needed.
TIP: Use the time increment buttons (e.g. + 00:15) to quickly add common time increments to the Start Date. Use the Copy button to copy the current Start Date into the End Date field.
- Specify an optional End Date if you wish to communicate a range of time for the new line item.
TIP: Use the time increment buttons (e.g. + 00:15) to quickly add common time increments to the End Date.
- Specify an optional Location to communicate where this activity will occur. Live event examples may be "Ballroom A", "Lobby", "Hall 3", etc. For virtual events, examples may be "Zoom", "Livestream", etc.
- If you wish to have the displayed Location link to a website address, set the Location Link to a valid website address. For a virtual event, it can be useful to set the Location Link to the online meeting link. For example "https://zoom.us/j/xxxxxxxxxxx".
The number of schedules you can add is limited based on your event subscription plan. Click here for details.