If you wish to cancel an event subscription plan, you should log into the Event Manager and choose the event associated with the subscription plan to cancel.
Why would you need to cancel an event subscription?
A few common reasons may for needing to cancel an event subscription are:
- The event was a one-time event and has completed.
- The event needed to be canceled for any number of reasons (poor attendance, weather, force of nature, etc.)
- Your free trial expired and you decided not to continue. We hope that's not the case, but if it is let's chat! Just click the chat bubble (below right) to speak with an event expert.
If cost is a reason for canceling, have you considered a yearly subscription to save even more? See annual pricing plan details.
If you have questions about your subscription please schedule a call to discuss with us now.
Cancel an event subscription & delete an event
If you still wish to cancel your subscription and delete your event:
- Go to the Event Manager App > Event Setup section > Billing tab.
- Scroll down and click the Cancel Subscription & Delete Event button.
Things to consider before canceling your subscription & deleting your event
Before you can delete your event, you'll need to be sure the following is true:
- You are the Event Owner (this is the only role that can cancel an event subscription & delete the event).
- All live registrations and ticket orders have been declined or canceled.
- If you have taken live payments, consider issuing any necessary refunds before you cancel your subscription and delete your event. Once your event is deleted, you can only issue refunds from your Stripe dashboard. We typically recommend waiting 30-60 days after your event has finished before deleting it just in case late refund requests are received. It really depends on your refund policy.
Once your subscription is canceled and your event deleted:
- The recurring subscription plan will be canceled. Your credit card will no longer be charged for the next billing cycle.
- The event will be event from the ClearEvent platform. Event Managers and attendees will no longer be available to access the Event Manager App or Event Portal for this event.
- You will receive email confirmation that the event subscription plan has been canceled and the event is deleted.
Pausing your subscription
If your event is over and you're not planning on using ClearEvent for a few months, you may be eligible to pause your subscription.