Once you have set up your event in ClearEvent, you have the option of opening the built-in Event Portal.
The Event Portal is a web application that runs on any modern mobile and desktop device and can serve as a useful tool to help communicate important event details to event attendees.
Before opening your Event Portal:
Prior to opening your Event Portal, we always recommend that you review your event to make sure you're done setting it up and that it offers a welcoming experience to your guests when they visit it.
- Open the Event Manager App and review your event settings in the Event Setup section. This includes checking the event start/end date, event summary & description, adding event contacts & details, event locations, etc. If your event has multiple locations (e.g. Headquarters, Mailing Address, etc...), make sure you flag the primary location so it's displayed clearly on your Event Portal.
- It's always nice to post a general welcome message using the Messages section.
- While you may not always have the details early-on, it's a good idea to post a general event schedule using the Schedules section. This will help registrants understand the high-level event schedule. Later, you can post more details registrant-specific schedules as needed.
- If you expect attendees to buy tickets, check that the correct tickets have been created and published in the Tickets section.
- If you expect attendees to register using a registration form, check that the correct forms have been created and published in the Registration section.
How To Open The Event Portal:
- Before you open your Event Portal, review the tips above.
- To open the Event Portal, Go to the Event Manager App > Event Setup section > General tab.
- Click the Open Event Portal button.