When a registration is received and approved, a new contact record will be added to the Event Manager App > Contacts section default. This feature makes it easy to build a centralized contact list of all past & current event attendees, as well as other important event contact details.
Whether a contact is created or updated is determined by two settings:
- Event Manager App > Registration section > Forms tab > Form Designer > Settings tab > Add to Contacts setting.
- Event Manager App > Contacts section > Edit Contact > Sync on Registration setting.
Adding/Modifying contacts on registration.
If the Event Manager App > Registration section > Forms tab > Form Designer > Settings tab > Add to Contacts setting is enabled, when a registration is received by your event, ClearEvent looks for a matching contact in the Contacts section. If found, the contact is updated using information from registrant's ClearEvent User Profile fields (email, first, last, phone, etc.). An update note is also added to the contact's Notes field.
If no matching contact is found, ClearEvent creates a new contact in the Event Manager App > Contacts section.
Disabling "Add to Contacts" for a registration form
Registrants are automatically added/updated in the Contacts section by default when a registration form is submitted and approved. Adding/updating contact records can be disabled if needed by following these steps:
- Go to the Event Manager App > Registration section > Forms tab > Form Designer > Settings tab
- Uncheck the Add to Contacts setting.
- Click Save.
Disable synchronization for a specific contact
If needed, you can prevent a specific contact record from being updated whenever a new registration is received for a matching registrant.
- Go to the Event Manager App > Contacts section > Edit Contact
- Uncheck the Sync on Registration setting.
- Click Save.
The Sync on Registration status can be changed at any time.