PLEASE NOTE: Only event team members with the Event Admin or Event Owner security role are able to invite new event administrators into an event. For more details, refer to the Access and Security section.
One of the first things you'll want to do when you create your new event is to invite your event team to help you set it up.
You'll likely have different folks on your organizing team that handle various operational aspects of your event. For example, you may have a Registrar that handles registrations, a Volunteer Coordinator that manages volunteer job assignments, or a treasurer that helps manage your budget & finances.
Who should I invite?
Typically, you would only invite your core event organizing team. These are the people that help you make your event happen successfully.
You'll likely have different folks on your organizing team that handle various operational aspects of your event. For example, you may have a Registrar that handles registrations, a Volunteer Coordinator that manages volunteer job assignments, or a treasurer that helps manage your budget & finances. These are the types of people you want to invite to help you administer your event using ClearEvent.
Invited team members will be allowed to use features found in the Event Manager App to plan & run your event.
While you can control which sections of the Event Manager App team members can see, you'll typically want to make sure that you only invite people on your core organizing team.
How to invite new team members
- Go to the Event Manager App > Event Setup section > Admin tab, and click the +Invite button.
- A dialog will be shown where you can enter the email address of the person you wish to add to your event team. For example, “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- In the same dialog, you may wish to assign the Access & Security Roles to restrict the areas of the Event Manager App that the new team member can view. Click the information icon on the right side of the security role name to get more information about each available security role.
- Click OK to send the invitation. An email invitation will be sent to email address you entered.
- If you need to, you can resend the invitation. Simply click the Resend button for any Pending invitation. You may need to resend an invite if the invitee can’t find the original invite in their email inbox.
I sent an invite, what happens now?
- The list of administrators will update and show the newly invited team member as Pending. When the invitee accepts, the listing will show as Accepted, with their full name and email shown in the listing.
- The ClearEvent platform will send an invitation email to the email address you entered.
- The person you invited can accept your invitation by clicking the link in the invitation email and logging into ClearEvent. If the invitee does not yet have a ClearEvent Account, they'll be asked to create one when they accept the invite. The person you sent the invitation to may choose to accept the invite under a different email address than the one you sent the invite to.
What does the invitee see?
People you invite to your event team will receive an email at the email address you entered. The email will include a brief welcome message from your event and a Accept Invite button to accept the invitation. The email will look similar to the following example:
The invitee should click the Accept Invite button.
If the invited administrator is already signed in to ClearEvent using an existing ClearEvent Account, the invitation will be accepted using the ClearEvent Account they are currently logged in as. Your event will now appear in their My Events list.
If the invited administrator is not signed in to ClearEvent, the Sign Up / Sign In page will be shown. They must either Sign In with their existing ClearEvent Account, or, Create A New ClearEvent Account. In both cases, their My Events page will load, and your event will be added to their list of events one they have signed in.
Once an invitation has been accepted, the invitation becomes expired and can not be reused.
The new Event Administrator can will now see a new Manage button on the right side of their event listing in the My Events list. Clicking the Manage button will allow them to load the Event Manager App and will be able to access the various event planning features that they have been granted access to.