ClearEvent Registration Forms enable your event to do the following:
- Accept Registration - Allows your event to register attendees for your event and collect key registration details from each registrant. You can create as many registration forms as you like. Generally, you will create one registration form for each type of event registrant you wish to track.
- Collect Payments - Allows you to charge registrants when they use a registration form to register for your event.
- Organize Registrants - Allows you to categorize and group your registrants by registrant type so they are easier to manage and communicate with. Volunteers, Media, and Competitors are all examples of types of registrants.
Managing registration forms
Registration forms can be managed in the Event Manager App > Registration section > Forms tab.
Registration forms allow your event to accept event registrations and collect registrant details for your event. When a registration is received through custom registration forms you create, ClearEvent takes care of several key activities for you:
- The registrant is tracks and added to your event's registrants list.
- The total number of registrants are tracked to ensure any capacity restrictions that were set are enforced.
- A registration is created in ClearEvent to record the registrant's responses so that you can track all registrant and payment details..
- When the maximum number of registrants has been reached for a registration form, it will automatically close to prevent any additional registrations.
- Your event dashboard is automatically updated to keep you informed of registration progress.
Registration forms can be used to collect payments at the time of event registration. By default, online payments received during registration are immediately deposited into a Stripe account that you own and have connected to your event.
In addition, ClearEvent takes care of the following for you:
- Updates the relevant Smart Budget Line Item in the Budget section to reflect that a new payment has been received.
- Updates the budget summary on your event dashboard.
- Makes processing refunds easy, should you need to issue a registration refund.
Any attendee who registers for your event using a registration form will be categorized using the Registrant Type provided for that registration form. Each registration form must have a unique Registrant Type set.
Registrant Types allows your event team to share schedules and messages with specific registrant types like Volunteers, Media, or Competitors.
Changing the Registrant Type
To set the Registrant Type, go to the Event Manager App > Registration section > Forms tab > Edit Form > Settings tab > Registrant Type field.
Jobs and Registrant Types
Jobs in ClearEvent are used to assign, communicate, and track work/tasks to certain types of event registrants (e.g. staff, volunteers, etc). Jobs you define in ClearEvent must be associated with a Registrant Type. Each registration form is required to have a unique Registrant Type. If your event expects to assign certain groups of registrants to jobs, it is recommended to create a separate registration form (e.g. a "Volunteer" form) for those registrant types.
Before you can create a Job, you'll first need to create one or more Registration Forms and set the Registrant Type.
In the Jobs section > Job Details > Job Assignments tab, all information collected from event registrants matching the assigned Registrant Type will displayed in the Available Participants grid. Each field (or question) added to your registration form will be displayed as a column in this grid. Use the built-in column filters to quickly find and assign the perfect registrant to the job at hand.
Lastly, if Availability Period information was collected on your registration form for registrants, it will be used in the Assignments tab to help identify any registrants that are free to be assigned to the job. Registrants who indicated they are available during a time that overlaps with the Job start & end dates are identified with green dots whereas the ones who are not available at the time of this job have red dots in the grid.