ClearEvent provides an extremely convenient and easy way for your event to accept payments from your attendees.
ClearEvent supports both online and offline payment methods:
You can charge attendees whenever they register or buy tickets for your event.
This support article covers the following topics:
- Accepting online payments from attendees.
- Setting up and connecting your Stripe account.
- Adding registration fees to your registration forms.
- Selling tickets.
- Transferring money from Stripe to your event bank account.
- Working with different currencies.
Accepting online payments is easy with ClearEvent. The following image shows how payments can be collected through a registration form. Online payments can also be collected for ticket sales.
When registering for an event, here's what happens when the registration form has been configured to charge an Online registration fee:
- You guest registers by using a registration form that you create.
- Payment is collected securely through Stripe (our payment provider) and deposited into your Stripe account. Stripe accounts are free to create.
- Money is transferred from your Stripe account into your event's bank account on a 2 — 7 day rolling basis.
What will I need to setup my Stripe Account?
You'll first need a Bank Account where the net funds from your event can be deposited. Stripe will deposit net funds from your event to this account on a rolling 2-7 day basis.
To connect a Stripe account to your event In the Event Manager App > Payments section and follow the instructions (Detailed instructions here).
Don't worry if you don't have a Stripe account, you can create a free Stripe account during this process. If you already have a Stripe account, you can log in to that account.
When creating a new Stripe account, you'll need to enter a few basic banking details so Stripe knows where to send funds that your event collects.
The following information will be needed to compete your new Stripe account. The type of information required depends on where your bank is based so some additional details may be required.
- Routing Number (e.g. "111000000")
- Account Number (Format varies by bank)
- Transit Number (e.g. "12345")
- Institution Number (e.g. "987")
- Account Number (Format varies by bank)
Note: you do not need a Stripe Account to accept Manual Payments.
How do I connect a Stripe account?
If you don't already have one, go to the Event Manager App > Payments section and connect your Stripe account to your event.
How do I charge registration fees?
Once your Stripe Payments Account is connected to your event, you may configure your registration forms to charge registration fees online.
- Go to the Event Manager App > Registration section > Forms tab.
- Click +Add to new registration form, or edit an existing form.
- In the Form Designer, add a new Online registration fee to your form to accept payments from registrants like competitors, vendors, sponsors, VIPs and more! Click here to learn more about adding registration fees.
- When you add new fees to a registration form, ClearEvent automatically creates a corresponding Smart Budget Line Items in your event Budget to track all registration fee payments received. When any registration fee payment is received, ClearEvent automatically keeps your budget updated for you!
How do I sell tickets?
Once your Stripe Payments Account is connected to your event, you can sell tickets online for your event.
- Go to the Event Manager App > Tickets section > Tickets tab.
- Click +Add a new ticket, or edit an existing ticket.
- In the Ticket Editor, set a ticket name and ticket price. To learn more about creating tickets, click here.
- When you sell tickets online, ClearEvent automatically creates a corresponding Smart Budget Line Items in your event Budget to track all ticket sales. When a ticket is sold, ClearEvent automatically keeps your budget updated for you!
Configuring payment transfer schedules
As you receive registrations and ticket orders, Stripe will collect these online payments and will deposit the net funds to your Stripe account.
These funds are automatically transferred to the bank account you connected to your Stripe account on a 2— 7 day rolling basis. For example, charges processed on March 1st through March 7th will be grouped together and deposited in your bank account on March 8th. Stripe refers to these transfers as "payouts".
Details of all payouts to your bank account are available on your Stripe dashboard.
Configure your transfer schedule in your Stripe dashboard to simplify your accounting. Stripe currently offers the option for funds to be transferred daily, weekly (on a custom day of the week), or monthly (on a custom day of the month).
Working with different currencies
ClearEvent and Stripe do not require your Bank account's currency to be the same as your event's currency (the currency you wish to charge attendees in). Payments processed by your event will be processed in the currency of the event. The funds from the transaction will be converted by Stripe to the currency of your bank account and standard currency conversion rates will be applied at this time.
Note: Currency conversion rates are determined on a daily basis by the financial institution.