Importing an existing list of TODOs into your event that you may already have in Excel (or some other format) is super simple with ClearEvent. It's also a fast way to share a list of all the things that need to get done with your team.
Not all subscription plans support this feature. Click here for details.
To import existing TODOs, follow these steps:
- Go to TODOs and click the Import button in the toolbar.
- The Import todos dialog will open.
- Click Get the Template button to download a .CSV (Comma Separated Values) template file that is exactly the right format for importing into ClearEvent.
- Edit the .CSV Template file using Excel. Don't change any of the headings as these are used by ClearEvent in the import process.
- Add your TODOs to be imported to the template, one row per TODO. It's okay if you don't have all the information on every TODO, that is very common for many events. The only required field is Description.
- IMPORTANT: Just before you save your changes, you must format the DueDate column to use the date format "YYYY-MM-DD". Learn how to do this here.
- Save your changes as a .CSV file.
- Now your file is ready for import. Click Select .CSV file, and pick your .CSV file that contains your list of TODOs to be imported. Click OK.
- Your TODOs will be imported!
- Newly imported TODOs are always appended to the current list of TODOs.
Handling Import Errors
If there are any problems with the data being imported, the details will be shown in the import dialog and the import will be cancelled. Use the details to correct invalid data in the import file and try again.
If you still have problems, we're happy to help so please contact us or use the in-app chat feature to reach out for help.
When you import TODO items, you can automatically assign any existing Event Administrator to the TODO.
If the TODO item assignee is not yet added to your event as an Event Administrator, you won't be able to assign the TODO item until you invite them and the invite has been accepted.
To assign a TODO to an existing Event Admin, use the AssignTo field in the import file. There are two ways to fill out this field:
- Enter the Full Name (e.g. "Clara Doe") of an existing Event Admin into the AssignTo field.
- Enter the Email (e.g. "email@example.com") of an existing Event Admin into the AssignTo field. You can see a list of emails for existing Event Administrators in Event Setup > Admin tab.
When a match is found to an existing Event Admin, the TODO will be automatically assigned.