You can quickly add invitees to an existing invite using ClearEvent's Invitee import feature. This feature allows invitees saved in Excel .CSV (Comma Separated Values) format to be easily added to ClearEvent in bulk.
How to Import Invitees:
- Go to the Invites section, select an existing Invite (or add a new Invite) and click the Edit button.
- Click on the Invitees tab.
- Click the Import button to open the data Import dialog window.
- The Import dialog has two buttons for the import step - Get the Template and Select .CSV file.
- Click Get the Template to download an example .CSV Excel file that is exactly the right format for importing invitees into ClearEvent. Don't change any of the headings as these are used by ClearEvent in the import process.
- Add your invitees to be imported to the template, one row per invitee. The following fields can be imported:
Email: Required. The valid email address of the invitee.
FirstName: Optional. The invitee first name.
LastName: Optional. The invitee last name.
Source: Optional. Where the invitee was sourced from (e.g. "Mailing list").
- It's okay if you don't have all the information on every invitee, that is very common for many events. Only the Email field is required.
- Save your file. It is important to keep the .CSV extension.
- Now your file is ready for import. Click Select .CSV file, and browse to select your .csv file that contains your invitees to be imported. Click OK.
- Your invitees will be imported! When done, the indicator will show green 100% with the name of your file.
- If there are any problems with the data being imported, the details will be shown in the dialog and the import will be cancelled. Use the details to correct the missing or confusing information in the import file.
Import additional import files as needed.
- If duplicate Invitees are found in the import .CSV file, only the first invitee will be imported. An Invitee is considered a duplicate when the Email fields match. All other invitees with the same Email field will be skipped and will not be imported.
- If an existing Invitee is found in the Invitees list, the Invitee being imported will be skipped and will not be updated.
The number of invitees that can be imported is limited by the Event Payment Plan. If the number of invitees being imported exceeds the maximum number of invitees allowed (per event) for the Event Payment Plan, an error will be displayed. The number of invitees in the import file will then need to be reduced and the file resubmitted. Note that once an invitee has a status of "Sent" the count will not be reduced even if they are deleted. Click here for more details on the plan limits.