There are times where you may need to remove a Stripe Account that is connected to your event. Reasons may include a transfer in ownership of the event to a new organizer, or simply as part of updating the Stripe Account to a new account.
To remove a Stripe Account from your event:
- Go to https://app.clearevent.com to open the My Events list.
- Click the Manage button to edit the desired event.
- Click on the Payments section.
- Click the Delete (trashcan) button beside in the Stripe Payment Processor box.
- Click the Yes button at the Confirm Remove dialog prompt.
NOTE: Once a Stripe Account is removed, your event will not be able to accept payments until a new Stripe Account is configured.
If you no longer have access to ClearEvent (e.g. you transferred ownership to another event organizer), but wish to revoke ClearEvent's access to a Stripe Account you own, you can revoke access from the Stripe Dashboard directly. Disconnecting your Stripe account from ClearEvent will mean that you can no longer use the ClearEvent to take payments.