By default, Mobile Ticket Check-In is disabled for new events to prevent accidental early check-ins before your event has started. If you plan to check-in ticket holders using the Mobile Check-In App, you will need to first enable this capability.
Registration Check-In can be enabled separately from Ticket Check-In. If you're looking to enable Mobile Registration Check-In, please read this article.
To Enable Mobile Ticket Check-In
- Go to the Event Manager App > Tickets section > Settings tab.
- Click the Enable Check-In checkbox to allow mobile check-in.
- Early Check-In Window: Determine how long (in hours) before the registration form's start date a registrant will be allowed to be checked-in. Enter the number of hours in the Early Check-In Window field. By default, once check-in is enabled, a registrant will only be allowed to be checked-in 4 hours before the registration form's start date.
- Multi-Day Check-In: If your event spans multiple days, determine if you wish to allow the registrant to be checked-in only once per event, or checked-in once on each day of your event. Enabling the Multi-Day Check-In setting will allow a registrant to be checked-in only once per day of your event.
- Test Mobile Check-In: Use this feature to test each mobile device that you will use to scan and check-in ticket holders. This process will verify the event has enabled mobile check-in, the account logged in (on the device) has the correct security role, and the QR code reader is working.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Mobile ticket check-in will now be enabled and will allow event managers to check-in ticket holders using the Mobile Check-In App.
Example of a valid ticket holder check-in:
Example of an invalid ticket holder check-in: