By default, Mobile Registration Check-In is disabled for new events to prevent accidental early check-ins before your event has started. If you plan to check-in registrants using the Mobile Check-In App, you will need to first enable this capability.
Ticket Check-In can be enabled separately from Registration Check-In. If you're looking to enable Mobile Ticket Check-In, please click here.
To Enable Mobile Registration Check-In
- Go to the Event Manager App > Registration section > Settings tab.
- Click the Enable Check-In checkbox to allow mobile check-in.
- Determine how long (in hours) before the registration form's start date a registrant will be allowed to be checked-in. Enter the number of hours in the Early Check-In Window field. By default, once check-in is enabled, a registrant will only be allowed to be checked-in 4 hours before the registration form's start date.
- If your event spans multiple days, determine if you wish to allow the registrant to be checked-in only once per event, or checked-in once on each day of your event. Enabling the Multi-Day Check-In setting will allow a registrant to be checked-in only once per day of your event.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Mobile registration will now be enabled and will allow event managers to check-in registrants using the Mobile Check-In App within the admittance window that's specific to the registrant type.
Example of a valid registration check-in message:
Example of an invalid registration check-in message:
What is the Admittance Window?
The Admittance Window is the period of time where a registrant check-in will be allowed. It is based on the Early Check-In Window, and the Event Start / End Dates settings that are configured on a registration form.
The start of the Admittance Window is determined by subtracting the number of hours specified in the Early Check-In Window from the Event Start Date set for the registration form associated with the registrant.
The end of the Admittance Window is the Event End Date.