Follow the steps below to issue a refund manually from your Stripe dashboard.
How To Issue A Ticket Order Refund:
- Open the ClearEvent Event Manager App and go to the Tickets section > Ticket Orders tab.
- Locate the Ticket Order that you wish to issue the partial refund for copy the Ref#: value (e.g. "QOMIZENH").
- Go to your Stripe Dashboard (https://dashboard.stripe.com) and sign in if prompted.
- Click on the Payments
- In the Search box, paste the Ref# value. This will search for the Payment record in Stripe that is associated with the ticket order.
- Confirm the payment is the correct one and then click the record to load the payment details.
- Click the Refund button to open the Refund payment window and enter the dollar amount you would like to refund. You may issue partial or full refunds.
- Click the Refund button to issue the refund and close the dialog.
Stripe Processing Charges
For Stripe accounts created after Sept 14th, 2017, the Stripe Processing Charge is non-refundable. The event will be responsible for covering these fees when issuing a full refund. For all newly created Stripe accounts this will now be the default refund behavior.
For Stripe accounts created prior to Sept 14th, 2017, the Stripe Processing Charge will be refunded. For full refunds, the Stripe Processing Charge will be completely refunded. For partial refunds, the amount Stripe refunds is based on the partial refund amount entered.
ClearEvent Service Charges
ClearEvent Service Charges are non-refundable and must always be covered by the event.
Refund Processing Times
Typically refunds take 5-10 business days before they will appear on the ticket buyers credit card statement. You'll want to let the ticket buyer know that the refund has been issues and when they can expect the refund.
Keep Your Budget In Sync
Until you are able to issue refunds from within ClearEvent, you'll need to adjust your budget manually to track any full or partial ticket refunds you have made. This will help keep your budget in sync.
To do this, simply:
- In the Event Manager App, open the Budget section.
- In the Expenses section, add a new line item called "Manual Ticket Refunds".
- Enter the amount refunded into the actuals column. This will offset the revenue recorded in the budget by the Smart Budget Ticket Line Item in the Revenue section.