It is very simple to import your contacts into ClearEvent's Contact list for your event.
Not all subscription plans support this feature. Click here for details.
- Go to Contacts and click Import.
- The Import dialog has two buttons for the import step - Get the Template and Select .CSV file.
- Click Get the Template to download an example .CSV Excel file that is exactly the right format for importing into ClearEvent. Don't change any of the headings as these are used by ClearEvent in the import process.
- Add your contacts to be imported to the template, one row per contact. It's okay if you don't have all the information on every contact, that is very common for many events. The minimum required is just one of the following: First, Last, Company.
- Save your file. It is important to keep the .CSV extension.
- Now your file is ready for import. Click Select .CSV file, and browse to select your .csv file that contains your contacts to be imported. Click OK.
- Your contacts will be imported! When done, the indicator will show green 100% with the name of your file.
- If there are any problems with the data being imported, the details will be shown in the dialog and the import will be cancelled. Use the details to correct the missing or confusing information in the import file.
- You can import additional import files as needed.
- NOTE: Be sure to remove spaces between the words of each column header such as "Job Title" would be "JobTitle".