It's Steven Cox, CEO of ClearEvent. I wanted to reach out to you directly about the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
Officially declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization, COVID-19 has created a public health emergency around the world and created the need for a coordinated, cohesive response to minimize impact at the individual and event industry level.
We at ClearEvent are experiencing the impacts of COVID-19 alongside our customers. Our team has implemented workplace measures to minimize social contact while maintaining ongoing availability to our customers.
We’re in this together and we’re here to help you.
As we all navigate the impacts that social distancing and group gathering restrictions impose on events, we understand organizers everywhere have many hard decisions to make.
We know the pandemic significantly impacts the hard work and planning by your teams to deliver great events for your audiences. Where possible, event organizers are postponing events instead of canceling. This approach can buy time to assess this rapidly developing situation. It can also lead to more time to plan an even better event experience when things return to normal.
Another option for some event organizers is to deliver their event online. This works well when content sharing is the main purpose of the event.
Whichever path you choose, we wanted to highlight some features of ClearEvent’s event management platform to assist you.
- Update your Event details: Click here to update your Event Portal so that your event’s start/end date, event summary, and event description communicate the postponement details.
- Communicate with your attendees: Keep your attendees updated using the Messaging feature. Schedules: Update event Schedules as needed to reflect the latest event timing information.
- Refunds: Should you need to issue refunds, ClearEvent’s built-in refund mechanism makes it simple to process refunds for both registration and ticket order payments received online.
- Job Assignments: If you use ClearEvent’s Jobs feature to manage volunteers or staff, adjust any job dates and assignments. Easily issue assignment change notifications to your team with a single click.
- Budgeting: Use the Budget feature to adjust your budget to track any additional revenue and expenses related to rescheduling your event. ClearEvent’s Smart Budget Line Items feature automatically track refunds processed through ClearEvent.
- Invites: When things eventually return to normal, and new start/end date has been set, resend invites to your audience using the Invites feature.
We’ll be providing more guidance and best practices as this situation develops.
Please make sure to stay updated from your local officials and these trusted sources:
Events are an essential part of building communities, growing businesses and being connected. We commend you for your responsible decisions, despite the sacrifice and challenge, to help keep your communities healthy. In the long run, events will resume and be even stronger due to your efforts!
Thanks for your continued support. Stay safe and healthy!