Any web links or email addresses contained in common plain-text description or summary text fields of the Event Manager App will automatically be converted into clickable hyper-links.
Here's an example showing a YouTube video link that has been included in the Event Setup section > Description field:
And here is what the link looks like when viewing the event description on your Event Portal:
You can include links most summary and description fields when configuring event setup, forms, tickets, schedules, messages and products.
How To Add A Link
To add a link, simply paste a valid link into any description or summary field. For example, let’s say you’d like to add a link to your event description:
- Open the Event Manager App and go to the Event Setup section.
- In the Description field, simply paste a link in the format “https://youtu.be/wkM9cb71gQI” into the description.
- Save your changes.
- Now, open the Event Portal and text your changes by clicking on the link in the description that is displayed. Note that the link you added is automatically turned into an active hyperlink. Clicking the link will open the link in a new browser tab.
Tips When Adding Links
- You can add links to most summary and description fields.
- Make sure to test your link to make sure they are valid and that they work.
- Links will always open in a new web browser tab.
- Email addresses that contain Slash characters (rare) are not supported.